Au Revoir (french); Tot ziens (flemish); Sayonara and Aloha L.A! ______________________________


Hi everyone!

As most of you know, Ray has accepted a 2-year assignment with Toyota's European Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. For those of you who do not know, Belgium is located next to France, Germany and the Netherlands. The home of NATO and the European Union, it is considered the "gateway to Europe" with its easy access to many European countries. (Hint, hint--good excuse to come and visit!)

Ray started his new position in February, 2008. The girls and I arrived here in late March. We are living just outside the city of Brussels in the commune of Tervuren, Belgium.

Although we are sad to temporarily leave our family and friends, we are excited for this adventure. What an opportunity to leave our tiny box and experience life outside of America!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Jo Ann!!!



On November 19th, we celebrated Jo's first birthday while here in Europe. Instead of whisking her off to an exotic location, or arranging for a babysitter so that we can experience the latest "trendy" restaurant, I thought "wouldn't it be great to just stay home, cook dinner, put the girls down early and just watch TV!!??"

Well, actually, that wasn't the Grand Plan, but with our increasingly hectic schedules, overly active girls and with Jo recovering from a cold, it was a real appealing option! Plus, with the big day landing in the middle of the week, Jo decided that this would be okay.

Now, before all of you ladies think I am a punk for falling for the "I just want to stay home" trick, I did manage to pick up on her hint for a gift that I think she really wanted! Back in August, as we were passing through Germany on vacation, Jo saw a purse that she really liked in a store window (and even took a picture of it!). I managed to get it for her while I was in LA and the girls presented to her at dinner. I think she liked it. Sometimes its hard to tell...



But, I do know she loved the Pierre Marcolini Chocolate cake that I got for her! It's no secret how much she enjoys his chocolates, so for me, it was a no-brainer that she would love the cake. And, I was right. It was rich, decadent and it also had the crunchy puff-pastry layer that she loves!



So, although it was a quiet night at home, I think it went pretty well.



Now, all I have to do is get through Christmas and I'm home free...

No comments: