Au Revoir (french); Tot ziens (flemish); Sayonara and Aloha L.A! ______________________________


Hi everyone!

As most of you know, Ray has accepted a 2-year assignment with Toyota's European Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. For those of you who do not know, Belgium is located next to France, Germany and the Netherlands. The home of NATO and the European Union, it is considered the "gateway to Europe" with its easy access to many European countries. (Hint, hint--good excuse to come and visit!)

Ray started his new position in February, 2008. The girls and I arrived here in late March. We are living just outside the city of Brussels in the commune of Tervuren, Belgium.

Although we are sad to temporarily leave our family and friends, we are excited for this adventure. What an opportunity to leave our tiny box and experience life outside of America!

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Pursuit of Chocolate continues...



When I read in Ray's friend's blog about a chocolate shop which specializes in exclusive Belgian Chocolate made from old style molds, well... of course I had to try it. And since I wanted to pick up a little something for a friends birthday (who also loves chocolate), it was a great excuse to make the trip here.

When we parked across the street, PS asked, "Mommy, are we buying chocolate for Miss Amy?" As I had only told her we were going to a store to pick up a birthday present, I was quite surprised that she recognized the word "chocolat"!

Passion Chocolat, a small artisan (handmade) chocolate shop, located in Woluwe Saint Pierre, is owned by Monsieur Massimo Ori. As quoted from an article I read, his philosophy is this: "Chocolate should be experienced through the senses. First the eyes. The chocolate should shine like satin. Then the nose. The aroma of the chocolate should fill the air around you. And finally, the taste. Each bite must fill your body with pleasure.” Hmmm, nice philosphy for someone who makes chocolate! I think I'm going to like this place...



And like most of the chocolatier's here in Belgium, they wrap it up in a pretty box to reflect the current season or holiday. As you might have guessed, the chocolates here were delish. So much so that I even hinted to Ray that if he ever wanted to buy me a box of chocolate, to please buy it from Passion. And wouldn't you know it, when I picked DS up from a playdate the other day, Passion Chocolate was literally just around the corner! This could be dangerous, but how convenient is that?!


One day, I'll try their chocolate fondue cake, which I hear is absolutely amazing...

Celebrating Amy's b-day...

No comments: