Au Revoir (french); Tot ziens (flemish); Sayonara and Aloha L.A! ______________________________


Hi everyone!

As most of you know, Ray has accepted a 2-year assignment with Toyota's European Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. For those of you who do not know, Belgium is located next to France, Germany and the Netherlands. The home of NATO and the European Union, it is considered the "gateway to Europe" with its easy access to many European countries. (Hint, hint--good excuse to come and visit!)

Ray started his new position in February, 2008. The girls and I arrived here in late March. We are living just outside the city of Brussels in the commune of Tervuren, Belgium.

Although we are sad to temporarily leave our family and friends, we are excited for this adventure. What an opportunity to leave our tiny box and experience life outside of America!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Norway one more time...



This past week, I made my fourth (and possibly final?) visit to Norway for Toyota Motor Europe. Company travel at Toyota has been significantly reduced due to the current economic downturn. But, since there were still a few bucks left in the ol' travel budget, I figured I'd better get a trip in to see "the boys in Norway", one last time...

When we landed in Tromso, Norway, we were met by high winds and blizzard-like snow conditions. I started to miss the warm 50F weather I had just left in Brussels!!!

But, soon the winds calmed down and we were left to enjoy the hospitality of our Norwegian hosts and the beautiful scenery. Past visits to Norway consisted of the usual "meet and greet" of some kindly dealer folks, discussion of some business, followed by a sampling of the local faire and of course, drinks. This trip was much the same, with the exception of alot more fancier food and drinks. (they must have had some leftover money in their budget!)

I hope that next year's budget will have enough in it to make a return visit to Norway, before my assignment in Europe runs out.

If not, at least I know I'll be back later this summer, when the Shinozaki and Yuki families will be stopping off in Oslo during our Scandinavian cruise...

No comments: